Om:cast 012 - Jamie Anderson
There are few electronic music lovers that have not already heard of Jamie Anderson’s work. He has proved himself as a long-term force to be reckoned within the dance music scene, not only through his own broad spectrum of production talents across all the colours of dance music but also from his exceptionally high quality DJ sets around the globe.
Coming from a strong musical background growing up around Jazz musicians in West London, Jamie first made a name for himself internationally as a DJ and producer in the early 90’s and became a recognised pioneer of the UK Tech-House scene with a countless number of releases which have defined the genre. Jamie mastered the art of studio production and set up his own Artform Studios where he engineers and produces the majority of his work and collaborations.
Jamie has delivered classic recordings such as; Jamie Anderson & Jesse Rose ‘Body Jackin feat Steve Silk Hurley’ (International Deejay Gigolos), Jamie Anderson ‘Black Sun’ (NRK) and Jamie Anderson ‘Time Is Now’ (Honchos/NRK). While producing numerous Techno gems including; Deepgroove & Jamie Anderson ‘Juggernaut’ (Cocoon), Jamie Anderson ‘Tornado’ (Noise Music) and Jamie Anderson ‘Can’t Stop’ (Artform) to name just a few. His groundbreaking debut album was released in 2001; Jamie Anderson ‘Blue Music’ (NRK), fusing Latin Jazz, Roots Dub, Acid House and Disco in a way that had never been heard before and leading the way for the future of House music.
His own Artform label was set up in 1997 and racked up over a decade worth of Detroit and Chicago influenced House and Techno releases championed by the likes of Richie Hawtin, Dave Angel, DJ Sneak, Derrick May and Laurent Garnier. The label released the first records by Jesse Rose, Jamie Anderson and AJ Scent as well as releasing material and remixes by established artists such as Steve Rachmad, Jerome Krom and Stanny Franssen. In 2005, Jamie also set up Fixia records for his own Acid House, Minimal and experimental output.
Jamie’s legendary performances at Berlin’s Panorama Bar, Dance Valley Festival in Amsterdam, Zouk in Singapore, Love Parade San Francisco, Cocoon and System parties in Leeds along with tours of Asia, USA, Europe and South America have all contributed to establish a strong fan-base as one of the world’s most exciting and innovative DJs.
2009 sees Jamie Anderson enter a fresh new phase of production with releases scheduled on the world’s finest labels; Sven Vath’s Cocoon, Jesse Rose’s Front Room & Made to Play, Alter Ego’s Klang Elektronik, Radio Slave’s Rekids, Louis Osbourne’s Weekend Offenders and Jerome’s Outland Records. Jamie is also currently in the process of re-launching his Artform label with an exciting concept and original new material. His collaboration album; Deepgroove & Jamie Anderson ‘13MACHINES’ is due for imminent release on the legendary German Harthouse label.
Jamie Anderson Om Records Podcast 2010
1. Kasper Bjorke – Alcatraz (Jimpster Dub) (HFN)
2. Mark Broom – Supersnout (Tim Green Remix) (Saved Records)
3. Pierce & Jerl – Roots (Coyu & Edu Imbernon Remix) (Suara)
4. Paolo Mojo ft Ryan Starr – Crazy For You (&me Remix) (Noir Music)
5. Gel Abril – Spells Of Yoruba (Shlomi Aber Remix) (Defected)
6. Jon Gurd – Stamp (Osbourne & Anderson Remix) (Mija Recordings)
7. Carlo Lio – Giro Tondo (Monique Musique)
8. DJ Tasaka – Waterside (Muller)
9. Malente&Dex – Habibi (Shir Khan Remix) (Exploited)
10. Tom Flynn – Jupiter (Artform)
11. Alexi Delano, Vincenzo, The Phantom Image – The Lab (Poker Flat)
12. Alejandro Lopez – Abiss (Mark Broom Remix) (Atypical Farm)
13. Landschall – Hazuky (Broque)
14. Kirk Degiorgio – Isidora (B12)
15. Acumen vs. Timid Boy Chicago Story (Oxia Reinterpretation Mix) (Time Has Changed)