Gearing up for his solo release of Generation Hex, Drums of Death released a new DJ mix via ClashMusic.com. DoD takes you on a journey through new and old, hard and classic sounds that have invaded our club culture. Click here to stream the mix and peep the track list below.
1. The Sabres Of Paradise – Smokebelch (Beatless Version)
2. Kink – Existence
3. Bart B More – Brap!
4. R1 Ryders – Rubberband
5. Pangaea – Memories (excerpt)
6. Egyptrixx – Everybody Bleeding
7. Drums Of Death – Won’t Be Dub
8. Jeremih – Birthday Sex (Venom & Damage Remix 1)
9. Detboi – Jump Up Jump Down (Radio Edit)
10. Classixx Vs. Villains – I’m On It (AC Slater Remix)
11. Coldcut – Timber (Seiji Remix)
12. Simian Mobile Disco – Ambulance
13. Cristian Vogel – Whipaspank (Tubejerk Remix)
14. Zed Bias – Standard Hoodlum Issue (VIP Remix)
15. Mums Of Death Feat Matthew Flowers – Golden Axe (Vocal Version)
16. Headhunter – Prototypes (Modeselektor Remix)
17. Harry ‘Choo Choo’ Romero & Chris Moody – Acid Kraft
18. Katy B & Geeneus – Good Life
Posted by: Jonthecorner on September 1, 2010 @ 10:45 AM
Posted in: Music
Rumors have it Dirty Vegas are making a come back. It has been a minute since we heard new material from the Grammy award winning trio, but a fly on the wall here at Om says something is brewing.
Most of you remember the band from their highly acclaimed (and aforementioned Grammy award winning) track, ‘Days Go By’. The tune gets a 2010 twist from up and coming dubstep producer, Mimosa. For fans of Skream, Rusko and Bassnectar, this track is sure to make your bass boom and tweeters bleed.
Check out a remix PPP’s Wajeed just did of NYC-based artist Dede. The track titled, ‘Phantom’ is a dope nouvelle-pop track originally produced by Home & Garden’s Tim K. Wajeed takes the original track and lays out some eerie tones and a cinematic drum beat turning the track into something reminiscent of an old school cinematic-french black and white film. Rumor has it she’s joining a roster of hip hop / soul heavy weights.
Colette Marino, better known as DJ Colette, is and has been one of the hottest acts to come out of the Chicago House music scene. She is a resident DJ at the SmartBar in Chicago (along with close friend of Om Records, Kaskade) and rose to fame when she started to sing over her DJ mixes.
She has been called Om Records’ First Lady of House. Her album “Hypnotized” was the most downloaded house music album on iTunes in June 2005. Along with producing hit singles, she has performed at gigs and music festivals all over the world.
In this interview for 5 Mag’s anniversary project, she discusses her classical upbringing, her first time singing over a DJ, how she started DJing herself, and her close ties to Om Records.
In June of this year, the dance music world was hit with the devastating news that the disco/pop production duo Aeroplane had disbanded. With international success on the remix circuit, crafting sparkling disco gems for Friendly Fires, Robbie Williams, The Doves and Cut Copy to name a few, the news came as a shock.
While their album is still set for release on Wall of Sound, the future of the group is VERY questionable. Luckily, Stephen (one half) is continuing his pursuit of blissful disco music. Under the name ‘The Magician’ he delivers part 1 of his mixtape series ‘Magic Tapes’ and man, is it SEXY! Peep the new mixtape and get up on this before the sensual yacht leaves the station and you’re left high and dry, landlocked from lasciviousness.
Bassnectar killed it at Outside Lands this year. So much that the huge generator that could literally power a city block was overloaded and shut down for 10 minutes. There was no power anywhere to be found and the crowd was left confused. I found a mega-phone behind the stage and immediately gave it to Bassnectar where he was able to communicate the message to the people. Finally, the power went back on and havoc pursued. If you were there, you might have been lucky enough to grab one of the big Bassnectar beach balls blowing around in the crowd. Check the videos and photos below to get a better idea.
Samantha James release her new single “Subconscious” on August 10th. The title track off her sophomore album on Om Records is an upbeat jam summoning you to the dancefloor. The track features remixes from longtime collaborator Eric Kupper (Hed Kandi), Nacho Marco and Them Jeans.
Listen: Samantha James – Subconscious (Them Jeans Remix)
Thanks to the good folks at Urb.com, we’ve spotted a new DJ mix from Aeroplane. Now only one person, this is the first solo music endeavor since Vito Deluca split from Stephan Fasano. Track list and stream below. Keep your eyes peeled for information on the new record, We Can’t Fly hitting stores soon.
1. Sweet G – Games People Play ( Instrumental )
2. Sarah Dash – Low Down Dirty Rhythm
3. Koto – Chinese Revenge ( Maxi Version )
4. Everything Everything – My Kz, Ur Bf ( Grum Remix )
5. Sheharzad – Yalla Yalla ( Kid Who Remix )
6. Chromeo – Don’t Turn the Lights On ( Aeroplane Remix )
7. Omar – Feeling You ( Henrik Schwarz Remix )
8. The Chemical Brothers – Swoon ( Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix )
9. Goldfrapp – Believer ( Joris Voorn Remix )
10. Yoko Ono – Every Man Has a Woman Who Loves Him
This past Sunday, Underworld had the chance to bring their live show to the white shores of Ibiza. And from the sounds of it, they made quite an impression. The show was recorded as an essential mix for BBC 1, but don’t worry, we got a link for you to download the show right below. Enjoy!
Click here to check out the set! (Right click to save)
Posted by: James Stair on August 9, 2010 @ 1:45 PM
Posted in: Music