Blog - August 2008

The One's SuperPsychoSexy Flash Site

If you have already had a chance to sample the sensual sounds of Om Hip-Hop’s newest addition, the sexy, sophisticated, soulful chocolatey goodness that is The One, then you are probably fiending for another taste. Well, lucky for you, The One’s flash site serves up a tall order of everything The One, including samples from his debut album, “SuperPsychoSexy,” a direct link to The One on itunes where you can buy the album, The One photos, wallpapers, and much more. If you haven’t yet pleasured yourself with what The One has to offer, or you are just back for seconds, then slip into something comfortable, sit down at your computer with a cocktail, light some candles, and head on over to The One’s flash site at:

The One is sexy.

Enjoy.

Share/Bookmark
Posted by: Gunnar Hissam on August 29, 2008 @ 2:59 PM
Posted in: Music

If you’re in Chicago tonight, make sure to Om Records’ own Raashan Ahmad performing with Pacific Division and Million $ Mano at Subterranean. I also heard that my man Black Spade might be in the house. You can find advance tickets here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share/Bookmark
Posted by: Jonthecorner on August 29, 2008 @ 12:21 PM
Posted in: News

Mike Monday Catnip Animations

Mike Monday Catnip Animations

Soooo, I have never hopped on the dropping acid band-wagon, but if I did, I hope this is what it would be like. The trippy, weird, and wonderful sounds on Mike Monday’s album Songs Without Words have met their visual match with the crazy colorful, psychedelic artwork of Seb Godfrey of Drunk Park Design and Illustration. The first two episodes of the three part Catnip series have already dropped, and take our cool little blue friend on a mystical adventure through a technicolor musical play land, where he encounters golden pyramids, purple star-lit skies, rainbow tunnels, a flying key board, and many other crazy sights along the way. Never too far behind him, is a very sneaky kitty, always along for the ride. I can’t figure out if the kitty is mean or nice, his sharp fangs are deceiving, but all in all I can’t wait to find out. Stay tuned for episode 3, because like episodes one and two, it is sure to please your ears, eyes, and imagination!

Episode 1

Episode 2

Share/Bookmark
Posted by: Gunnar Hissam on August 22, 2008 @ 4:44 PM
Posted in: News

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Click here to download the exclusive Raashan Ahmad feat. Ras Messa ‘Ready’ (Sparticus Remix) by Mike Walti.

Share/Bookmark
Posted by: Jonthecorner on August 19, 2008 @ 5:44 PM
Posted in: Music

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In the spirit of everything Mike Monday, I introduce you to Drunk Park — The masterminds behind all the album artwork for ‘Songs Without Words’.
They also did the animation for the ‘Catnip’ video. You can check out more of their work here.

Share/Bookmark
Posted by: Gunnar Hissam on August 18, 2008 @ 4:03 PM
Posted in: Style

SUBMIT A LOVE STORY AND WIN A CUSTOM MADE TRACK FROM OM-HIP HOP’s, THE ONE.

Our love affairs or nightmares can be summed up not in one word, but a song. What was the musical backdrop for your first kiss, first breakup and every highlight or low light of life in between?

To celebrate release of Superpyschosexy (August 2008), Om, Underground Hip Hop, and Om Hip Hop’s newest signing, The One wants to know…WHO’S THE ONE?

How To Enter
Break out that journal, transcribe the words from that “drunk dial” last summer, that steamy one night stand, that love that crossed you, or that text book romance. What made it super? Who went psycho? Just how sexy was it? We’ll choose one of your stories and The One will use the details of your love to create a personalized track just for you. This is an open forum, and all love stories will be considered. If you are in love with your cat, tell us.
Words
-Send us your story in 500 words or less tocontests@om-records.com
Video
-Or Upload a video response to youtube.com.

All entries must be received by September 31st, so start talking. This is the perfect gift for that loved one, the perfect way to get back at the one who crossed you, or an elevated way to reach out to that missed connection with that one night stand.
Tell us….WHO IS THE ONE?

Check out this example:

Underground Hip Hop’s Video Response

Check out The One’s custom song:

Presented By:

undergroundhiphop.com
Share/Bookmark
Posted by: Jonthecorner on August 18, 2008 @ 1:06 PM
Posted in: News

RELEASE – Limited Edition hand painted J-Boogie 12-inch single

The first vinyl pressing from Om Records in months is the new single from J-Boogie’s Dubtronic Science album release Soul Vibrations. “Inferno” is a disco rap roller skating party jam that features Bay Area up and comers Lunar Heights. Big ol’ bass, horny horns, and some funky ladies on the chorus to get the party started. Features a remix from Haul and Mason’s bastard child Afrodisiac Sound System. On the B-side, J-Boogie teams up once again with Deuce Eclipse (previously released “You’re the Murdera”) for another political drama of border relations. The video has already garnered 17,000 views on Youtube, and the Latin downtempo hip-hop vibes keep the fire burning and the vinyl smoking. Cop this now before the limited editions are gone forever. Custom stencil spray painted by the Om Hip-Hop crew.

Dope photos of the spray session
Or Check the Blog photos here

Links to buy the 12" online:
thegiantpeach.com
traxsource.com

Links to buy the 12" on iTunes:
Inferno 12" on iTunes

Share/Bookmark
Posted by: J Boogie on August 14, 2008 @ 5:59 AM
Posted in: Music

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A little piece for you all to take with you — a taste of what’s to come!

Download Here.

Mike Monday’s Sonar Mix

Mike Monday – I Am Plankton (Om) *

Tommy Four Seven – Eat Me – Mike Monday Remix (Brique Rouge)

Mike Monday – The 11 11 – Original Club Mix (Om) *

Mike Monday – I Am Plankton – Mikes Swim For It The Jellyfish Are Coming Dub Mix (Om) *

Tomski & Fredboy – Do The Tartelet – Mike Monday Remix (Tartelet)

Mike Monday – The Unanswered Question (Om) *

Worthy – Mummer – Mike Monday Remix (Katabatic)

Mike Monday – Salieri Complex – Extended Club Mix (Om) *

Mike Monday – Stargirl – Exclusive Sonar Remix (Om) *

Taken from the forthcoming album on Om Records “Songs Without Words pt 1”

Share/Bookmark
Posted by: Mike Monday on August 12, 2008 @ 4:38 PM

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Its so crazy the ebb and flow of things these days. You’re on the brink of something huge, something profound…then late at night once again dwelling on simple crap…small stuff. Like Beck said in Midnight Vultures, “theres so much to do…before we dieeeeee…”. I guess the purpose of this blog is for the general public to peek into who I really am, cutting out the emotional middleman of BS.

Usually my persona is one of laughter, benders, music, and never ending weekends, and what you see is what you get. When I am out among friends, that’s pretty much where I’m at. But now I’m home. Just me & the oak trees and this big long list of things my assistant is supposed to be doing…. if I had an assistant. Oh come on….who wants to listen to this whining? Instead, im going to do a top 5.

Top 5 most ridiculous things of the week:

#5
I get called by creditors almost every day now. Many days, I get multiple calls. They range from really understanding to obscene threatening. The woman who called on Friday said that if i didnt give her 1500 dollars that very moment, she would be forced to take legal action. I laughed. She said “You can laugh all you want, Mr. Steehaaleeieen, but im not letting you off this phone until you make me a reasonable offer!” I said I’d be glad to pay her 20 dollars a month for the rest of my life. That was when she blew her top and started yelling.

1. A small branch of the Rithma Road Show played at a friend of a friend’s wedding on the beach in Santa Barbara over the weekend. The deal was- Rithers would DJ, Nica would sing. I thought it would be both fun and educational to be a real wedding DJ…you know – bring a wide variety of music, take requests from the crowd, maybe take it out into bassland here & there, but when i heard back from the bride, “NO” she said. “Im giving you 5 CDs worth of music, and a list. Youre going to play the music off the CDs in the order listed.” The classic Rithma moment was me eating top notch steak & salmon, sitting down, playing songs off of Itunes over the soundsystem that I brought. What makes that even remotely funny, you might ask? This was one of the highest paying gigs I’ve ever had.

#3
On the way home from the wedding, Jadeylove & I stopped in Ventura for some Coffee & smokes. It was late, and upon pulling out of Starbucks (I wouldn’t support evil if they didnt make excellent coffee) I flipped a boo-yah to get back on the main road. Right when I was almost turned around, I was staring at a fairly pretty girl cop, who looked fairly pissed off.
“That wasnt too smart” she said, with a look that could melt steel. And not the cold, butch cop look. It was the look of someone who once loved me to whom I did very wrong. We had a staring contest for what felt like a very long time, a full emotional battle using only our eyes.
“Sorry”. I lowered my eyes and dipped my spoon back into my yogurt, then back into my mouth – kind of like when youre a little kid and you want to look sad.
“I wouldnt eat while youre driving, either” she snapped. “and are you wearing your seatbelt?”
“Yes”
“Lets See It!”
I reached around and pulled the seatbelt from behind my back, a moronic, shamed bastard.
“Thats three tickets…you want any more????!!!!!!”
I dont even know what I mumbled at that point, but she snapped one more look in and gunned her oversized cop car up the street and into my memory. I stuck my fist in the air, pulled it back quickly, and hissed “yesssss!” Actually thats not true. I pretty much was almost crying due to sleep deprivation until my Jadey helped me dust myself off.

#2
I left the Soundwave Festival in a 4 seater cessna plane (okay that was more than a week ago, but who cares about time frames when its
comedy). Ketamine surely removes all fear from any situations, and the pilot was encouraging us to do as many illicit things in the back of his plane as possible, cause he loves the stories. We swapped AA bateries from his GPS to my camera, I forget which one we were trying to make work. I watched the beautiful oceanic world splooge together like liquid puzzle pieces beneath me, then melt into the window like the mirror scene in The Matrix. Then my attention was drawn to Mr. Control Tower squelching through the radio in my headphones. “You better turn around” he said “If you keep flying west over the pacific, youre gonna get chased down by fighter planes”
We didnt have the proper instruments to fly right through the clouds, so the pilot cranked us down and towards the mainland. (Make the airplane sounds with your lips: brrrrr-r-r-r-r) We flew the winged VW Bug 1000’ over the water, through humongous canyons and over logging roads, caught a thermal, which is a rising bubble of hot air, up into the sunshine. When we finally touched down in Victoria, I rode in the bed of the pilots pickup truck back into town, laying low so we didn’t get pulled over. I cant remember how many times i yelled “I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!” that day.

#1
Im going to forefit thing #1 so i can get some sleep. Why do i always end stories saying i want to go to sleep? Someone find me an assistant.

Share/Bookmark
Posted by: Rithma on August 11, 2008 @ 6:34 PM
Posted in: News

WIN LIMITED EDITION HAND CRAFTED RITHMA BOX SETS

Om’s boy wonder is back with a new album. For those of you who know Rithma, his unique ability to construct things goes far beyond the recording studio. To celebrate the release of “Sex Sells”, Rithma has constructed limited edition Rithma Box Sets featuring never before released tracks. Each box set is hand crafted and designed.

How To Enter
-Send an email to contests@om-records.com with the subject line: Reese Ritherspoon.
-Contest begins August 4th and ends September 31st.
-5 Lucky Winners will be picked at random and contacted at the close of the contest.

Good luck!

Rithma “Sex Sells” Out Tuesday August 5th!
Click <a href=http://www.om-records.com:8100/releases/657-sex-sells target="_blank">Here To Listen To The Release.

Share/Bookmark