Greenskeepers’s member James Curd has had a great year. With singles signed to DFA, Om’s Child’s Play label, track of the day on KCRW and more, this GK member shares with us a unique Top 10 list of 2009.
Top 10 Memorable Moments of 2009
1. The phenomenal places I get to dj at, ranging from playing in Columbia and being driven around in a bullet proof car to playing a private party in Ecuador, and staying in a luxurious compound on the side of a mountain with a private zoo!
2. Being harassed by the kids across the street, with egging twice a night for three weeks straight. It all ended when I challenged them on the basketball court, won and got my street cred back!
3. Since owning an IRobot, I have not had to pick up a vacuum in all of 2009 and this will continue in 2010.
4. Go Blackhawks! Finally discovered a Chicago sports team I can support and be proud of.
5. Expanded my repertoire of dancing beyond the box step this year.
6. Had the gas cut off while on tour, but discovered that Home Depot sells the long metal key to turn it back on. Eat that People’s Gas!
7. Learned to love and appreciate my Xbox more after it got the Red Ring of death. It was then sent in and resuscitated back to life. Xbox I will always remember to turn you off at nights.
8. Had my fridge, freezer and kitchen cupboards cleaned out to discover things that expired in 2005! I thought frozen and canned products were good forever. Apparently not.
9. Continued to be surprised by the diverse places people tell me they hear my music. From the free for all jam session at Parklife Festival during Aeroplane’s set with Busy P, A-Trak, Erol Alkan on instruments, to having a song I made over five years ago being relicensed to CSI Miami!
10. Starting to slowly tick off the items on the To Do List, before I move from this place I’ve always called home.
2010 will see the release of the new Greenskeepers album on Child’s Play Records.
Posted in: Funny Stuff