Om:cast 024 features non other than Om Records veteran DJ & Tastemaker Still Rob G. Featuring brand new tracks from San Francisco’s own Pillow Talk (Visionquest) and unreleased Om Records / Smoke N’ Mirrors material from Body Language, Tiger & Woods, Woolfy and Edit Murphy the ‘Rooftop, Poolside’ name couldn’t be any more literal. Perfect for a long day basking in the sun, mojito in hand, the ‘Rooftop, Poolside’ creates the perfect vibe.
Click here to stream and download the mix.
1. Pillow Talk – Long Lost Friends
2. Kamo – I Have You
3. The Owl – Feel Good
4. Edit Murphy – Brooklyn Nights
5. Mario Basanov – Lonely Days (Downtown Party Network Remix)
6. Andy Ash – Freak
7. Lonely C & Baby Prince – I Remember Those Days
8. Body Language – Falling Out (Tiger & Woods Remix)
9. DJ Phono – Gone (David August Vocal Remix)
10. Eats Everything – Heard That
11. Manik – City Kids
12. Bruce Springsteen – State Trooper (MAU Re-Edit)
13. Adam Port – Tell You
14. Little Dragon – Fortune (Marc Smith Re-Edit)
15. Miguel Migs feat. Me’shell Ndegeocello – Close Your Eyes (Woolfy’s Country Mix)
16. Young Edits – Some Things Take A Long Time
17. The Rurals – Ocean
18. Earth Wind & Fire – That’s The Way Of The World
20-year veteran DJ and tastemaker Rob Grega is impossible to pigeonhole. With downtempo, hip-hop, funk, jazz, soul, broken-beat, house and minimal tech influences, his DJ and production style proves to be versatile and fresh in practice. From 2004-2009 Rob served as A&R at Om Records, helping to immensely build the sound of the more than 15-Year legacy Om has merited, signing tunes from underground acts such as Pezzner, Radio Slave, M.in and Frankie Flowerz, while sequencing music for many distinguished compilations including Sounds of Om v.6, Om Miami 2007 & 2008, Om Lounge 10, Om Chilled 1 & 2, a DJ Mag cover-mount, and even the label’s 15-Year Anniversary package. Currently holding residencies in San Francisco at the world famous Endup and Eve Lounge, Rob remains true to his eclectic, multi-genre sounds. More recently, Rob has been collaborating with Moulton Studios’ Homero Espinosa, as the duo Toil & Trouble. Their debut release, a remix of Wagon Cookin’s ‘Music is Not Far,’ drops on Smoke N’ Mirrors in summer 2011. Another fresh remix is also due on Yerba Buena Discos shortly thereafter.